Friday, September 14, 2007

Blog guilt, Good biscuits, Producer/Directors

On the one hand, I have blog guilt for not updating my blog - on the other hand, I am glad enough, because the dip in posts is due to the fact that I am doing more, out there in the reality land. I know you would be glad for me, people.

Last week, I began a part-time, voluntary post in a small film company. I am starting from scratch, doing research for possible TV documentaries. I pretend to look more competent than I feel. I find myself using words like pre-production and producer/director. I want to learn to be good at it.

The other 3 workers are friendly and there are good biscuits in the small kitchen at the back. A few mid-afternoon pauses at the work station have been aided and abetted by a single McVities, dark chocolate digestive.

-C

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

Hi, Ciara -

I haven't read your blog in awhile (busy summer), so I stopped by to catch up. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well enough to be working part-time. How exciting! Is your improvement due to the Mickel Therapy you tired? I have to admit that even after reading the website, I still don't understand exactly what it is.

I've been trying anti-viral therapy myself. It's supposed to make you feel worse before you feel better, if it's going to work. I've had some periods of feeling better and some pretty bad periods the last few months, so hopefully it's working.

Hope you're enjoying your new job!

Sue