Thursday, August 17, 2006

PC plod

Sorry, this post may have to carry a bore warning. The key information I wish to impart is that my e mail address book has been wiped yet again. Remember I got a new laptop 2 months ago? Well, it still continued to have niggly problems so technical support talked me through a resetting process that took the computer back to how it was on day one. Hence I have no e mail addresses unless people e mail me. (Bizarrely, I was able to import addresses on a previous laptop but can't find how to do it here). Anyway, if there are any benevolent techies reading, the error code is 1024 and it arises after I link my modem up. But this code never occurred when I liked the same modem to the old laptop. God, how eye-wateringly dull this all is to me. I wilt at the thought of it all. Maybe I should have bought a Mac...
I'm still at a much lower baseline of activity. I'd say 10% of normal. I had friends visiting last night which was enjoyable. I'm popping out for a massage today but that'll be my heady limit.
-C
PS My ISP will phone me next week with tech help. End of yawny computer talk.

2 comments:

nmj said...

. . . naughty girl, c, you should have your E addresses backed up, will email you some tips on importing/exporting, no idea what that error means though, sorry, does Tiscali/OE Help not help? nmj

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to butt in, I just wanted to pass this on:

You can now raise money for ME Research UK as you shop online, at no extra cost to you.

http://www.meresearch.org.uk/

"ME Research UK have now teamed up with Affinity Shopper, so that you can help our charity while you shop in comfort. The ME Research UK Shopping Mall is a gateway to millions of products and 700 retailers, all of whom pay a commission from sales generated via our shopping mall. This commission is then passed on to us to help fund the research we all want to see. Many of your favourites are available: Tesco, Thorntons, Currys, Boots, B&Q, John Lewis, Halfords, etc., so why not start browsing through the wide range of topics from 'Books, Films and Music' to 'Travel and Holidays', and "earn" commission for us without any cost to you."

http://www.4rcharity.co.uk/meresearchuk Use this gateway whenever you shop online.

Please pass this on.