Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ya Bute

I am becoming a short-cut blogger by just posting photos instead of observations. I persuaded Nice Man to go with me for a night in the country on our nearest island - the Isle of Bute. Having been to the outer Hebrides and grown up on Islay, Bute seems flatter and less exotic. Sorry Bute! There's lots of faded Victoriana, chip shops and seagulls that need ASBOs. We had a good time though. I'd recommend Mount Stuart house and gardens - a posh mansion with splashes of eccentric flamboyance. Gothic high camp. Think stained glass windows for each sign of the zodiac. Very Russel Grant - only these were from centuries ago.






-C

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the perfect day out. I think the tartan blanket completes it; I've always got mine at the ready in case of sunshine.

nmj said...

i love the idea of seagulls getting ASBOs, and so they should! they are hooligans... lovely photos, you really do glow! x

Mo said...

Lovely photos - you look so happy.

Ian said...

It looks as if pregnancy agrees with you :-) Enjoy !

Amie said...

Ciara, this is Amie, Marisa's Maid of Honor from Ohio. I just wanted to say hello and how lovely you look in these photos! I hope you are feeling well. Give Baby a belly rub for me, OK?!