Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Blog neglect or blog holiday?

Ah, one kind reader asked if I am okay, because I haven't posted recently. Yes, I have written many short blog posts in my head...and then kept them there. A case of blog neglect or a blog holiday? I couldn't decide.

I am now in week 20 of pregnancy - a kind of half way point, although March 21st (due date) still seems a long way off. The novelty of the first pregnancy was constantly exciting; second time around I'm feeling more of a warm, mushy gratitude and forward-looking hope.


I don't have any cravings, although tonight I was eating a bowl of Coco Pops* for the first time in years. I was padding about the kitchen with the bowl and I thought, wow, these taste so great, I should sit down to appreciate the cheap chocolate-y naughtiness of this experience.


* (I only had a mini box of Coco Pops in the house as part of my Halloween 'costume' - I wore a necklace made from Kellogg's Variety packs and carried a pretend knife, rustled up from tin-foil and cardboard. What do you mean, what was I? A serial/cereal killer, of course. Ah well, there's always next Halloween.)


Enough waffle. Why don't I post a picture of Mr Hugh, who'll be one this week! Awww.
-C



2 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

Cereal Killer - that's great! I love it...and I also love cereal. It's a guilty pleasure. Nothing in the world like a bowl of Lucky Charms or Golden Grahams, though I usually try to stick to healthier stuff!

Aw, Mr. Hugh is so adorable! I can't believe he's already a year old...and still hairless! Good thing his little head is so darn cute.

Congratulations on your second pregnancy! Hope it continues to go as smoothly as the first.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Lesley