Sunday, January 09, 2011

New Laptop, New Start.

I have a new laptop. I also have new laptop guilt, because I had no idea how easy it was to let a toddler break the old one. I wonder how many laptops are broken by beloved chubby hands poking and footering and, whoops! A £400 mistake. That easy. Not like mobile phones that survive endless bounces off the floor.

So, I am frantic about trying to keep the wains off this one. It sits high on a bookshelf and they stand in front of it wailing, praying, willing, 'Puter down. Puter dowwwwnnnn!' It's hard to explain why they can't have it.

I keep telling myself I should blog more. I need to get into the rhythm of it again. To get less self-conscious. To just write. At the moment I'm enjoying reading a book version of Stuart's blog. It's called 'The 'Celestial Cafe' and it just flows like a good conversation or a spring morning and makes you want to read more.

I don't think I'm even aiming for profundity. I just want to get into the habit of writing. You gotta have that for starters.

-C

No comments: