Saturday, December 21, 2019

Who We Are - and other Mysteries.

I've never composed a blog post on my phone before. The kids have run off with all computing hardware, so I'm giving this method a try.

It's almost the shortest day of the year. I'm slowly emerging from one of my regular 2-day migraines and I'm drawn to the light, even if it is a weak daylight; daylight with a hint of murk, like the water we  dipped paint brushes into at school.

I try to urge the screen-addicted youngsters into the garden.

'Why dont we feed the fish?' I ask. Too brightly.

'THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO WE ARE!' replies the daughter.



A few years ago, I wrote this poem, after seeing my son in the school nativity play.  It's short. A bonus for many.

 

So, here we are then,  post election madness in the middle of a Climate Emergency.  This is my cartoon of the year:


But we have friends. We have each other.  From the fish in the pond, the magpies on the bare branches and the stars in the sky, it goes without saying, I hope there is peace at Christmas, especially for those who need it most. 

No comments: