Sunday, September 24, 2006

Cats and Yoomans


Sometimes I miss not having a cat. But it has to be the right cat - you can't have one with ADHD that wakes you up in the middle of the night. I read today that some (most?) cat litter has carcinogenic dust in it and that cat asthma has increased since its introduction. Blimey. My brain seems to have an almost limitless capacity for collecting 'health risk' facts. I'm turning into Woody Allen.
My 2 year old niece was given a story tape about caterpillars. She eagerly reported to her parents how the story tells of yoomans living up the up-pipe and according to her new caterpillar perspective, yoomans were scarey creatures. Her dad explained that she is, in fact, a human, as we all are and there is nothing to fear in this respect. She replied, 'but I don't want to be a yooman.' Ya gotta love that existential angst. See? Woody Allen, I tell you.
-C

1 comment:

nmj said...

Ah, C, we have synchronicity with our posts today! Those poor cats, getting asthma from their litter, just too sad to contemplate - am just not a fan of the stuff, cats should be able to do their stuff outside and dig a wee dignified hole, not sit in that godawful manmade crap . . .