Thursday, August 27, 2020

Even The Dog is Feeling Sinister - Except Not Really.

 


Okay, Sita, please don't chew my vintage copy of The Trial. 

Good Girl. Just pose nicely for International Dog Day. 

Wait, that was yesterday? Better late than never, hen. We're all new to this game. 

The kids are back at school. * Upbeat music with a hint of possible tension.*

I have to be first into the kitchen at 8am, to act as a human shield against Sita's triple back flips and 'bear dancing'..... to celebrate the mere fact that, it's morning, and WE'RE ALL STILL ALIVE, stumbling toward the Muesli. 

It's a joyous miracle in Sita's doggy brain. Let it be so!

I see Scotland are buying 12 minute Covid test machines.  Let it be so, and I hope they work. 

I tried to go to IKEA yesterday - for the first time in 7 months. Hand-break turn in the car park, ya'll!?

There were only about 200 people queued around perimeter, Billy bookcases calling their names. I just wanted a couple of dinky coffee cups, and some door mats ( Sita has chewed her way through my existing stock). I'm not buying anything that says WIPE YOUR PAWS HERE. Not yet, anyway. 

I need to get back to reading and writing. Reading always comes first. You can't write, if you don't read. 

I'm still unclenching myself from 6 months of non-stop parenting. A balled up hedgehog unfurling. It's hard to find my muse again. 

I make the kids' pack lunches each morning. Did you know, it's a social faux pas to package the lunch in the discarded Hovis or Warburton's bag?



I forgot this fact. Tess placed her hand on the sandwiches in the bread bag and said gently, Mum, we've talked about this already....

If talking ain't enough and you need some online meditation, my pal, once known as 'Stuart-y Boy' hosts regular sessions here. 

This time two years ago, I took Tess off school and we had a fantastic weekend at The Islay Book Festival.  It's online and digital this year, so you can check it out here. 




Stay there folks, and I won't be far away. 




No comments: