Thursday, October 22, 2020

Rally your Inner Spirit for Halloween

 I've just heard Nicola Sturgeon hint that Halloween will have to be restricted. 


In a moment of heart-tug,  the First Minister of Scotland rallied by saying, if there are any kids watching, 'Santa is a Key Worker, and he'll have to get through.' 

It was similar to a moment of pathos, at breakfast. I told Tess I had to speak on Radio Scotland about the Covid coverage. Occasionally they invite me on as 'Mum of two and Blogger.'

Tess commented - 'You always try and hide the news from us, mum, but you don't need to, because it can't get any sadder! It's at Peak Sad!' 

She must have watched me turn away to spread tuna on a pack-lunch bagel.

What's that face, Mum? Mum?! The It-can-get-sadder face? 

I had to rally and say, 'Well yes, ...who knows whatever the future holds, but we'll have the inner spirit to get through it! Of course we will!' 

Tess is wise for her 10 years. She radiates faith. She raises my game. 




Avert your eyes from the sugary cookies. I'm about to get an introductory call from an online nutritionist. Tess's cough is still persisting and I think it's worth a try. 

I'm a believer in the potential of 'gut biome'  therapy, even though this kind of 'holistic care' is only available on the fringes of medicine. The theory is that long-term reflux harms the throat and the body needs rebalancing. All sounds so simple. I wish someone could tell us exactly how to achieve such a nirvana. 

Wish us luck and play Spot the Dog. Or howl at the moon, if that's your thing, on this, the scariest Halloween. 





No comments: