Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 1, Lockdown



It's all moving at breakneck speed now. I knew it had to. I wanted it to, but it's still a shock. 

It seems like a different world, when we casually drove to Loch Lomond 3 days ago. We kept more than 2 meters from the few others who were milling about, but I now feel a bit sheepish about going there.


It's difficult to find a spare hour to draft a blog post, as I need to be available to the kids. I am already scrolling my phone too often. 

The most calming place to sit is in my garden, beside my solar-powered fountain. Trickle, trickle, trickle and the birds tweep, tweep, tweep

I can chat to two goldfish and a bunch of frogspawn while I  reflect on both the folly and the beauty of humanity, while also wondering what cupboard supplies I can throw together for  a make-do dinner. 



Family harmony is okay for now. Nobody wants to throttle anybody. So far! I know we are lucky. I am in awe of the NHS staff and their brave dedication. Utter heroes.




No comments: