Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Trembling Kind

I don't know what else to do, so I will just write. 



I sit beside Tess, who is painting a kitchen roll tube as part of 'lockdown' home-school work. She is coughing regularly, in big exasperated barks. 

To recap, she has asthma, and has currently been coughing (big style) for 75 days in a row. In the middle of a nightmarish, coughing Pandemic- just to be cheeky.  Just to help her mother's nerves. But yes, it is not Covid19; it is Cough-Variant Asthma, I remind myself 20 times a day. 

Yesterday, on GP advice, we started the new inhaler - Symbicort. As I lay in bed with her, trying to help her to sleep through the now-nightly coughing fits, I noticed she was trembling. I went to re-read the leaflet for Symbicort and yep, number 1 side effect - trembling or shaking. Fab! I hope it settles.

Earlier in this Pandemic Crisis, I was constantly checking the news feed of the outside world. For the past few days, I've been consumed with the inside world. I've tried not to scroll the phone.

Here's the toilet roll tube, now re-purposed as a cherry blossom tree. The trembling kind.









No comments: